Search This Blog

google leader board

Thursday, July 23, 2015

MULTI-GRAIN NACHOS

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup gram flour (Besan)
1/2 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
1/4 cup maize flour (makki ka atta)
1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain) 
salt and red chilli to taste


Nachos generally reminds of movie theatres. Yes, its a place where we get nachos mostly. The moment we enter any theatre kids start demanding for popcorn’s and nachos.

So one day, my elder one asked me, " Mama can you make PVR style nachos" I said yes it's very easy will surely make it for you.  Nachos are made with maida i.e. all purpose flour. which I avoid giving to my kids as usual.

First thing came to my mind while trying nachos was whole wheat flour, atta. Then I thought let's try to make it more healthy with different types of grains.

So, Here I am with healthy multi-grain nachos. I used gram flour, maize flour and rice flour. I had some leftover maize flour so added for different taste and crispiness. In case maize flour is not available you can ignore it as rice flour will also give crispiness.

Red chilli is required to add in Nachos depending on the tolerance level of your kids. I added very less amount to give it a market type taste.

So don't wait for anything and bring smiles on your kids face this evening with healthy nachos.


METHOD

In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients and make soft dough using water.

Knead dough with the help of fingertips or edges of palm for at least 5-10 minutes. It should be soft and crack free. As you can refer the pic of dough down below.

Take wet muslin cloth, cover the dough and keep aside for 15 minutes.

Dust the working slab generously with flour and roll the dough with rolling pin till thin. Now give it desired shape using knife. I made triangular shape.

Heat the oil and deep fry the nachos.

Serve it with salsa sauce, Cheesy dip or Mayonnaise. 



 


Pictorial:









1. Mix all the ingredients.










2. Knead dough using water.










3. Knead the dough for about 5-10 minutes to get smooth and crack free dough.










4. Cover the dough with wet cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.










5. Dust the slab with flour.











6. Roll it and cut in desired shape.










7. Deep fry till crisp and brown.















8. Serve with tomato sauce, Mayonnaise or cheese dip.

No comments: