Serves 5-6 bowls
1/2 kg paneer
2 large slice or roughly chopped onions
4 sliced or roughly chopped tomatoes
2-3 bay leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 inch cinnamon
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
8-10 cashew nuts
3-4 tbsp butter
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
3-4 tbsp cream
1 tsp kasuri meethi
1 tsp honey or sugar
2-3 tbsp oil
In a pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, cinnamon and bay leaves, let it splutter. Add onion, let it saute till soft and translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes and cashew-nuts (I forgot to add cashews at this stage). Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
Transfer the mix in grinder except for bay leaves. Blend to make smooth and fine paste. Pour this paste back in pan with bay leaves, adding butter to it. Add salt, coriander powder and red chilli powder and let it cook for around 10-15 minutes.
Add paneer cubes, kasuri meethi and honey. Turn off the flame and add cream. Add water if curry becomes too thick.
Serve hot with tandoori roti without tandoor.
1. In pan, add oil let it become hot, add bay leaves, cumin and cinnamon. Let it splutter.
2. Add sliced or roughly chopped onion.
3. Ginger-garlic paste and saute for about 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes.
6. It's done.
7. Leave the bay leaves in pan.
8. Transfer it in blender jar.
9. Add cashews. (I forgot to add it with tomatoes)
10. Blend to make smooth paste.
11. Transfer this paste back in pan with butter.
12. Add salt, red chilli, coriander powder and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
13. Pan have started leaving the sides.
14. Add paneer cubes.
15. Add kasuri meethi.
17. Turn off the flame. Add cream.
19. Serve hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
20. Closer look!