8-10 white breads
1 tbsp wheat flour (Maida)
1/2 cup milk (normal temperature)
1/4 cup cottage cheese (Paneer)
1/2 cup nuts (cashew-nut, pistachio)
1 tsp cardamom powder
FOR SUGAR SYRUP
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp cardamom powder (elachi powder)
Take bread slices and cut the edges. Take milk in a big bowl, dip bread slice in it and squeeze out the excess milk. Grind together paneer and bread to make smooth dough. Add 1 tbsp flour and knead dough with light hands to give a smooth texture. Don't over do it or else gulab jamuns will become hard.
Make small balls. Fill chopped nuts and cardamom powder in the centre, close it and give it a round shape.
Heat oil, it should not be too hot. Deep fry the balls on low flame. Take it on absorbent paper and immediately put in sugar syrup.
For sugar syrup
Boil water and sugar till sugar dissolves completely. Strain the water in stainer or muslin cloth to remove the scum. Keep aside.
Keep it aside for 1 hour so that it can absorb the sugar. Serve hot.
MAKE SURE MILK IS PROPERLY SQUEEZED OUT. IF DOUGH IS TOO STICKY ADD MORE FLOUR.
1. Make sugar syrup by boiling water and sugar with cardamom powder or broken cardamom.
2. Once sugar is completely dissolved strain it.
3. Sugar syrup is ready. Keep it aside.
4. Trim the edges of bread.
5. Dip bread in milk.
6. Squeeze out the excess milk.
7. Blend together bread and paneer.
8. To make smooth dough.
9. Combine dough together, add flour and knead dough with light hands.
10. Make small sized balls.
11. Finely chop cashew and pistachio.
12. Put chopped nuts in the centre of ball.
13. Cover it from the edges.
14. Give round shape.
15. Deep dry on low flame.
16. Till golden in colour.
17. Dip in sugar syrup.
18. Garnish with nuts and serve hot!