A very yummy and healthy sweet corn soup dedicated to all the kids out there.
Serves: 4 regular soup bowls
1 cup corn (I used American corn)
1 small sized finely diced carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
6-8 finely diced beans
1 small sized finely chopped spring onion (use only green part) (optional)
4 glasses of water
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp salt
4 tsp sugar
black pepper to taste
1. Wash all the vegetables and chop them finely. Wash corn and keep aside.
2. Take pressure cooker and add 4 glasses of water. Add all the chopped vegetables except for spring onion. Add salt.
3. Keep on high flame and give 2 whistles. Turn off the flame and let it DE-pressurize naturally.
4. Dissolve 2 tbsp cornflour in 1/4 water.
5. Open the cooker lid and add cornflour water in it and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes or till it comes to desired consistency. If you want more thick dissolve 1 more tbsp of cornflour in water and add but for me it was right consistency.
6. Add sugar and let it dissolve. Take a taste test if required adjust sugar and salt according to your taste.
7. If desire add black pepper I added 1/2 tsp spoon as children doesn't like spicy.
8. Put in serving bowl sprinkle green part of spring onion and serve hot! I bet your kids gonna love it.
NOTES: Instead of pressure cooker you can boil vegetables in stew pot or pan for 5 minutes.
1. Corn and finely chopped veggies are ready.
2. Add veggies, water and salt. Give 2 whistles.
3. Dissolve 2 tbsp cornflour in 1/4 cup water.
4. Put in boiled veggies.
5. Add sugar and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Pepper if desired.
7. Serve with soya sauce or chili sauce. I did not use soya sauce or chili sauce while serving. It was used for picture only.
8. My cute little daughter holding the spoon 😍