Suji ki kheer is a very famous pudding in south India and commonly made during Ramzan by the name of suji ki firni.This thick and creamy dessert is a treat for tongue.
You can now watch video of this recipe by clicking on 2nd picture.
1 cup suji
1 cup milk
1 litre milk
1 tsp cardamom powder (elachi powder)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk (optional)
few strands of saffron (kesar)
dry fruits of choice (I used almonds, cashews, pistachio and raisins)
In a deep bowl or dish soak 1 cup suji with 1 cup of milk and keep aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
After 30 minutes to 1 hour, pour milk in heavy bottomed pan. Add cardamom powder, kesar and soaked suji little by little stirring continuously to avoid any formation of lumps. Use whisk for creamy and smooth texture.
Add sugar and milkmaid and cook on low to medium flame till sugar dissolves completely. As soon as it becomes little thick turn off the flame. Don't make it too thick else after coming down to room temperature it will become more thick.
Add dry fruits and keep in fridge to chill or serve warm.
1. Soak 1 cup suji and 1 cup milk. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Pour 1 liter milk in heavy bottomed pan, add cardamom powder.
3. Few strands of kesar.
4. Add soaked suji little by little stirring continuously.
5. Add sugar.
6. Condensed milk.
7. Cook on low flame till it thickens.
8. Add dry fruits.
9. Mix well.
10. Garnish with more dry fruits and serve chilled.