Hot Milk cake is a super yummy recipe where in hot milk is added in the batter to give it extra richness and taste.
I have used whole wheat to make it more healthy. When I made this cake second time I added cardamom powder instead of vanilla essence, I just loved the aroma and since then I use cardamom powder in vanilla based cakes, it's not only a healthy option but gives wonderful aroma.
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (Atta)
1 cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp cardamom powder or vanilla essence
2 eggs (for egg-less version add 1/2 cup thick curd)
Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
In heavy bottomed pan, add milk and butter. Heat milk till butter is melted completely, don't bring it to boil. It should be medium hot. Keep aside.
In other bowl, beat together egg, sugar and vanilla / cardamom powder. You can use hand whisk or electric beater. Add sifted flour. Mix well.
Now add milk, mix well.
Pour in lined baking tray. Bake it at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.
Remove from oven and let it cool down completely before slicing.
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add sugar, eggs and vanilla or cardamom powder.
3. Beat till everything is well incorporated.
4. Add in sifted flour. Mix well.
5. Add milk and butter in heavy bottomed pan. Heat milk till butter is completely melted.
6. Add hot butter milk in batter.
7. Mix well.
8. Pour the batter in greased cake tin.
9. Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes.
10. Slice and serve.
11. Or pack in kids school lunch box.
SOME SUCCESS STORIES:
Thank you Madhu Mathy for sharing your feedback and tempting pic.
Thank you Sasmita for sharing your feedback and yummy pic.
Thank you Bina Mistry for trying and sharing your feedback!
Akhila Thiru tried the cake and shared yummy pic. Thank you Akhila.