1cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1 tbsp semolina/suji
2-3 tbsp milk
FOR CUSTARD MIX
1 glass milk
2 tbsp custard powder
1/2 cup sugar or condensed milk
1 cup chopped fruits for your choice
1 tbsp tutti-fruity for garnishing
Custard is my kids all time favourite and mine too. Mostly people make custard by adding chopped fruits. I did the same, but here I gave it a crunchy twist by making tart and filling fruit custard in it.
In this recipe you need to chill the custard and fruits. Fill the custard in tart just before serving or tart will become soggy. You can prepare tart well in advance in case you are planning to make this in birthday or any other get-together.
We need a thick custard mix for this recipe. I added condensed milk as I have some leftover with me. You can use sugar instead.
I made tart both using muffin mould and tart mould. As kids are fond of different shapes, I used my kids favourite shape, star, you can use any shape mould.
I used fruits of my kids choice like mango, apple, kiwi and papaya. You can use any fruit depending on your child's taste and availability.
In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar and semolina. Put chopped softened butter and rub it with your fingertips in flour to get coarse texture. Add milk and combine all the ingredients well. Keep the dough in fridge for 5-10 minutes.
Take small ping-pong sized dough and roll it. Place it in the centre of the mould and start spreading it with the help of finger or thumb all over the tart or muffin mould.
It should spread evenly all over. Prick it all over with fork or knife.
Bake it in pre-heated oven at 180 degree for 18-20 minutes or till it becomes brown.
FOR CUSTARD MIX
Dissolve custard powder in cold milk. Put pan in thick bottomed vessel. Pour the dissolved custard in milk and keep stirring till it becomes thick. Add sugar or condensed milk and turn off the flame. Let this mixture come down to room temperature.
Keep it in fridge to become chill.
Chop fruits of your choice and keep in fridge to chill.
Let your tart come down to room temperature.
Mix together fruits and custard. Mix well.
Put in tart and garnish with tutti-fruity. Serve.
1. Mix together flour, powdered sugar and semolina. Add butter.
2. Rub butter in flour with your fingertips.
3. Combine all the ingredients and make dough. Keep dough in fridge for 5-10 minutes.
4. Take small sized ball of dough. Place it in the centre, spread evenly all over
5. I used both muffin mould and tart mould.
6. Prick with fork all over.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degree for 15-120 minutes. Keep tart aside and let it come down to room temperature.
8. Mix custard powder in cold milk. Take 1 glass milk and put in thick bottomed pan, Put dissolved custard and simmer on low heat till it becomes very thick.
9. Add sugar or condensed milk. Turn off the flame. Custard should be this much thick. Keep in fridge to chill.
10. Chop fruits of your choice. Chill it. Mix in cold custard. Put this mix in tart.
11. Serve chill.